Show price CHF 14’800
The first collection of timekeepers to herald the renaissance of Czapek & Cie is called ‘Quai des Bergues’. It is a tribute to the location where François Czapek founded the company in Geneva in 1845. At the time, this Promenade along the Rhone river was the epicenter of the Genevan ‘art de vivre’, like the Place Vendôme in Paris, where François Czapek opened what was probably the first watchmaker’s boutique on this legendary square.
The ‘Quai des Bergues’ collection features 2 distinct cases in 4 different materials:
- A classic case recalling the generous round shape of pocket watches, in white or rose gold.
A modern and innovative ‘Revolution’ case with a sandblasted and polished finish, in titanium or in a mysterious ‘XO’ steel.
In a family one sibling is often more rebellious than the others. That is the story of the Titanium Collection with a revolutionary case and a unique carbon dial. For the first time in watchmaking, the crown protection has been entirely integrated into the case. Another unique innovation is the carbon ring ‘bobiné’ of only 0.4 mm over a unidirectional carbon sheet. The variety of light reflections creates beautiful black shades. The reference No. 27bis is made in Diamond Black™ ADLC finish to offer the ultimate level of resistance in metal (>3,000 Vickers) for a totally modern appearance.
CARBON “VINYL” DIAL
A unique innovation: a unique carbon ring of 0.4 mm over a unidirectional carbon sheet. They never catch the light the same way: when one is black the other is grey and vice versa… The ring displays fine marks, like the old vinyl records.
Using exceptional leathers, all our straps are handcrafted with peerless dexterity of master leather craftsmen and are the fruit of approximately fifty fundamental, yet intricate steps.
Each strap consists of two parts: the Tip part (the longer part with holes to adjust your strap) & the Element part (the part with the buckle at the end). Czapek offers you 4 options to choose from:
– 105/65mm (Man S)
– 115/75mm (Man M)
– 125/85mm (Man L)
– 130/90mm (Man XL)
The SXH1 caliber is a proprietary movement designed by Czapek. It is the first in a family of movements developed specifically for Czapek watches, according to the strictest rules of the watchmaking art. It was conceived in cooperation with Jean-François Mojon, a designer watchmaker who heads the Le Locle based company Chronode.
This haute horlogerie mechanical calibre boasts 31 jewels. It is finely decorated and remains aesthetically and functionally true to the 1850 original. The architecture remains symmetrical, and the sandblasted finish is a modern interpretation of the ‘satiné frost’ technique used in the 19th Century – a process of gold plating using mercury evaporation.
This manually-wound movement has two barrel springs and runs at a rate of 21,600 vibrations per hour, which translates to 3 Hertz. It features a power reserve of seven days. The manual beveling finish and the sandblasted bridges create a beautiful and modern look, inspired from the past. The most striking elements remain the open ratchets, with teeth polished in ‘bevel’ and unique to Czapek SXH1. They become its mechanical signature.
- Hours, Minutes & Seconds
- Small second at 7h30
- Power reserve indication with weekdays at 4h30
- Calibre SXH1: Haute Horlogerie proprietary mechanical hand-wound movement
- Power-reserve > 168 hours (7 days) on 2 barrel-springs
- Frequency: 3 Hz – 21,600 VpH
- Diameter: 32 mm – 14 lines ¼
- Height: 4.75 mm
- Finish: double open ratchets, sandblasted bridges, blue screws, bevelling, final anglage main
- Rhodium plated Steel hands with SuperLuminova
- Grade 5 titanium “Revolution” case
- DiamondBlackTM ADLC « Amorphe diamond like carbon »
- Exclusive case concept with the crown-protections integrated into the stretcher
- 42.5 mm of external diameter
- 36.40 mm open diameter
- Curved Sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment on the inside surface
- Sapphire crystal case back with anti-reflective treatment on the inside surface
- Water-resistance: 50 meters (5 atm)
- Alligator strap with grade 5 titanium buckle
- Vinyl dial: brass base covered with 0.15 unidirectional carbon and 0.4 mm wound carbon ring, never done in watchmaking
- Elongated arabic numerals and indexes
- SuperLuminova points on the carbon
Return to the top